Wednesday, July 2, 2008

assignment 1

Our first assignment was to read our camera manual (um, boring!) and then take a picture. I've read that darn thing before but learned a few new things. Of course, I forgot it all when I went to take the picture, but hey, what can you expect, I've got a lot going on in this tiny brain of mine!

I wanted my first picture to be of Emma. Afterall, it's her pictures that I am going to wish I had more of and what better subject that a cute little ball of baby, right? So I scooped her up, undressed her and took this photo...

I'm not too pleased with the color and tried to adjust it in Lightroom, but since it's my first attempt I didn't fuss too much. I'm going to read up about portraits for the next go-round.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there. If I'm understanding your question correctly, just click on the title of your post and it should open up it up with your post and comments.

Unknown said...

Your daughter is such a cutie. Look at all those baby rolls...makes you want to just pinch her all over.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

She is most definitely a cute little ball of baby!!! I love it!

smarmoofus said...

She's adorable, first of all, so really, you're cheating. I bet it's not possible to take a bad picture of her. *wink*

But having said that, I love the lighting, the composition, the warmth of the colours you used in the props around her. Definitely a stellar photograph.

-smarmoofus

Heather said...

What a great picture of Emma! It makes me want to just cuddle her and kiss her! Can't wait to see more pix from you :)

Anonymous said...

Amy - Thanks so much for your words of encouragement this morning. Your words were a real blessing to me!

Hallie